Watch at least 60 minutes of TV, focusing on the depiction of older adults. Analyze and discuss TV programming in the context of at least two of the following:
- Portrayal of elderly characters
- Intergenerational themes
- Conflict in relation to the older population
- Aging stereotypes or myths
- Cultural diversity in relation to quality of care
Discuss your own philosophy of aging.
- When do you think a person becomes elderly?
- What do you think of older people?
- Are they active, senile, debilitated, etc.?
- Provide a description of an elderly person that you know.