Post your initial response to one of the scenarios below.
You are admitting a 27-year-old woman to your unit for work-up of weight loss. While conducting an admission interview, you learn that she has recently lost her job and has a strong family history of depression and suicide.
- How would you construct your interview?
- What measures would you take with the information you have gathered? Why?
You are admitting a 12-year-old child to your unit. The mother states that the child has a history of unexplained blackout episodes, headaches, sleep disturbances, and is presently exhibiting tremors.
- What is the most likely cause of these symptoms?
- What actions would you take during the interview process? Explain.
A young 33-year-old man is admitted to your unit with a chief complaint of “tiredness and morning headaches” even after sleeping.
- How you would perform a comprehensive analysis of symptoms?
- What are the possible causes of the symptoms?
- What examinations would be crucial to determine the cause of his problems? Why?