Human Research Protection
This week you will examine the concept of protecting human subjects in research. The aim is to familiarize you with the ethical issues associated with research and gain firsthand information of the processes used to protect research participants.
Search YouTube for the following videos to review:
- Caring Corrupted: The Killing Nurses of the Third Reich
- Research Ethics involving Human Subjects
- The Belmont Report (Part One: Basic Ethical Principles)
- The Belmont Report (Part Two: Applying the Principles)
- Guiding Principles of Institutional Review Boards (IRB)