Healthcare System Development
In this assignment, you will discuss how healthcare systems are developing and how nursing leaders are responding to this trend.
In healthcare today, with the shift from inpatient care to outpatient care, there is ongoing development of integrated systems, with all providers (e.g., hospitals and physician offices) being fiscally tied to each other.
Look at your own community and research how the providers are fiscally tied to each other. On the basis of your research, respond to the following questions:
- Are hospitals in your community competing on the basis of price and quality? Why? What are the roles of nursing leaders in this community development?
- How are healthcare systems and providers in your community changing their programs and fiscal alignment?
- Hospitals and healthcare systems are having to compete for the same patients with similar diagnoses and procedures. The marketing departments of these facilities are enticing patients to come to their facilities. What are the specific enticements that hospitals and healthcare systems offer? Why? Are these enticements helping hospitals and healthcare facilities in your community gain market share?
- How are the various healthcare systems using quality? What are the ways and means used by healthcare systems to standout in the community? What programs do they have that make them stand out from the quality perspective?
- How do these healthcare systems describe their own quality efforts?
- How is nursing leadership changing its role in the development of these community systems?
For this assignment, you can WhatsApp the best nursing paper writing service, Nursing Pro Writers.