Organizational values are the foundation of how an organization begins. Initially, the entrepreneur’s values form the foundations of the organization. They guide the many processes that enable success. Through the growth of the organization, the values, visions, and mission change and grow with the organization. Having a proper set of foundations for all activities within the organization drives people’s behaviors. Unfortunately, many organizations have values and vision statements that are used only for marketing. You’ll take a closer look to see how and if such foundation statements are applied in your organization.
Using the same organization, you selected from Week 1 discussion, evaluate the shared values, vision, and mission statements of the organization. Critically assess how these statements were created. Consider:
- What are the organization’s values as presented in a values statement (or otherwise communicated)?
- Was the creation of the shared values statement done by a select group of individuals or all individuals?
- How accurate are the values (i.e., single words representing a value or specific actions that reflected a value?)
- What is the organization’s vision statement?
- How was the vision statement created?
- How inspiring is the vision statement?
- What is the organization’s mission statement?
- How does the mission statement clarify the purpose of the organization?
- How does the mission statement align with the vision statement? With the values statement?
If the organization fails to have any of these statements, explore the organizational challenges that resulted in the lack of these foundational elements.
The final paragraph (three or four sentences) of your first post should summarize the one or two key points that you are making in your initial response.
Your initial posting should be the equivalent of 1- to 2-pages (500 to 1000 words) in length. Justify your answers with examples and reasoning.
For this assignment, you can WhatsApp the best nursing paper writing service, Nursing Pro Writers.