After gaining permission, conduct a physical and mental functional assessment of the older adult you have chosen. Review your readings for the process of a functional assessment.
- Use the tools discussed this week to complete a comprehensive assessment of your patient. Search the Internet for resources on these tools.
- Tinetti Balance and Gait Evaluation
- Katz Index of Activities of Daily Living
- Assessment of Home Safety
- The Barthel Index
- Do not include a name on each tool, but do include professional or other designation, and age. Your name should also be identified on the tool.
- Include these tools in the Appendix.
- Based on your assessment:
- Compare and contrast the age-related changes of the older person you interviewed and assessed with those identified in this week’s reading assignment.
- Identify at least 4–6 preliminary issues.
- Identify three alterations in health that you would propose and describe them.
- Identify a minimum of three comprehensive interventions for each alteration.
- Integrate cultural considerations in your interventions.