Discussion Prompt Deliver 6 copies
Describe the Punnett Square and what it used to predict. What are the limitations of the Punnett Square?
Mom is a carrier for hemophilia but does not have the disease.
Dad does not have hemophilia
Using the Punnett Square, answer the following questions: 3 pages
- What is the probability a female offspring developing hemophilia?
- What is the probability of a female offspring being a carrier for hemophilia?
- What is the probability of a male offspring developing hemophilia?
- What is the probability of a male offspring being a carrier developing hemophilia?
- What is the probability of any offspring developing hemophilia?
- Explain why only some offspring would develop the disease?
Response #1: If this were about Cystic Fibrosis, how would the responses be different to the questions in the Initial Post? Give a detailed explanation supporting your response 2 pages.
Response # 2 Down Syndrome is another genetic disorder. Why is the Punnett Square not a good tool for predicting if offspring will have Down Syndrome? Why does the risk for Down’s Syndrome increase with maternal age?2 pages
For this assignment, you can WhatsApp the best nursing paper writing service, Nursing Pro Writers.