Overview/Description: The final written assignment will synthesize what you have discovered about the different advanced practice roles and scope of practice found in the master of nursing curriculum: APRNs, nurse educator, nurse informaticist, and nurse administrator/executive. You will review all roles and then examine the specialty for which you were admitted, focusing on the scope of practice, core competencies, certification requirements, and legal aspects of practice for that specific role. You will also identify the practice environment and population you will be working with, as well as peers and colleagues. In addition, you will discuss your future leadership role and participation in professional organizations.
Your paper is to be based on current literature, standards of practice, core competencies, and certification bodies for your chosen role. The paper should be 6-8 pages excluding the title and reference pages, and APA format is required.
Week 5 Final Paper Must include:
- Distinguish between Advanced Nursing Practice (ANP) and the Advanced Practice Nurse (APN).
- Briefly define advance nursing practice and the roles in advanced practice nursing pertaining to clinical practice, primary care, education, administration, and health information.
- Describe the advance nursing practice role you aspire to and briefly share the experiences and/or qualities you have that have influenced your decision.
- Describe your personal nursing philosophy and the model that helped you describe it.
- Examine regulatory and legal requirements for the state in which you plan to practice/work.
- Identify the required competencies (domains) and certification requirements for your selected role.
- Describe what is required to obtain certification in your selected role.
- Define Transformational Leadership as it relates to your identified leadership attributes that you possess or need to develop.
- Apply the leadership style you will embrace as an APN in primary care.
- Describe the current policy or trends related to your APN role in primary care and determine if policy or trend needs to change–if opposed to change, state the reason.
- If you determine that the above policies or trends require change, propose how APN can lead changes.
- Conclusion: Summarize your role paper by highlighting key points made in your paper.
- Your paper should be written in a clear, concise, and organized manner, demonstrating ethical scholarship in appropriate and accurate representation and attribution of sources; and displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation. Proper APA format should be used.
For this assignment, you can WhatsApp the best nursing paper writing service, Nursing Pro Writers.